Tuesday, August 14, 2007

You didn't cycle in today...?

The rain is back, and so I'm once again faced, upon entering my workplace, with the statement "Surely you didn't cycle in today!"

I do sometimes question my own sanity, and I ask myself how I would respond if someone asked me why I did it. I reckon I could get between 10 and 20 good reasons...so here goes:

  1. It improves my strength.
  2. It improves my fitness.
  3. I'm likely to live longer.
  4. It takes a car off the road (reduces congestion).
  5. It's less polluting.
  6. I breathe in less pollution.
  7. It reduces the need for parking.
  8. It's cheaper.
  9. It's less stressful (I'd much rather cycle in the rain than sit in a traffic jam).
  10. It wakes me up.
  11. It burns calories (OK, so I take them in again by eating more!).
  12. It makes me feel good.
  13. It's fun (in a strange way).

13 without much thinking! There must be more...

No comments:

Post a Comment